Make a data request
Users of this website quite often contact us to request particular data or analyses. Because of our access to so many data sources, we are usually available to provide them with an answer or, if not, advise them as to where they might get such answer. We do this free of charge.
However, we haven't advertised that we do this and so it is only the more proactive amongst you that currently make such requests. As an experiment, we have decided to make this service more overt. If you want particular data or analyses, just send an email to email@example.com clearly stating what statistics you are after and we will try and provide them.
Here is a list of some of the requests that we responded to during 2010:
- Reproduction of the UK-wide analyses for particular regions.
- Low income rates by housing tenure.
- Low income rates for particular groups of the population (e.g. students).
- Low-income numbers by ethnic group.
- Low-income thresholds by family type.
- Low-income statistics for England only.
- Real changes in low income thresholds over time.
- Analyses of the income distribution.
- Maps of benefit recipiency, both nationally and for particular local authority areas.
- Children living in families in receipt of out-of-work benefits.
- Real changes in minimum wage levels over time.
- Numbers who are low paid by region, age and gender.
- Trends in the numbers not in education, employment or training.
- Numbers of workless individuals in working families.
- Unemployment rates by ethnic group.
- Analyses of 'NEETs' (those not in education, employment or training)
- Statistics on 'cannot afford to buy' various types of food.
- Free school meal usage by type of school and by region.
- Statistics on ethnic makeup and language by school.
- Levels of overcrowding by different thresholds.
- Deaths by cause.
- Analyses of families in arrears with their bills.
- Lists of the most deprived areas.